Apart from the offers on my main Wine Relief page, here are details of what else is going on – if you know of anyone else doing things for Wine Relief, please contact me through the form on the LH side of this page.
- Robert Joseph of DoILikeIt? has set up a darned hard quiz – no matter if you don’t know the answers (or aren’t sure where to put them), fill in the form at the end and you might get a chance to win a consolation prize.
- The Big Red Wine Company has a range of wines with the usual 10% going to Comic Relief, plus a couple of mixed cases offers – more details here. Also for those in the vicinity of Barton Mills in Suffolk, they’re holding a wine tasting fundraiser on Friday March 18th – ring 01638 510803 for more details.
- Wine Writer and Educator Wink Lorch is running an auction in which people can bid for an evening of food and fine wines from Savoie (where Wink has an Alpine chalet) – more details here.
- Lea & Sandeman has assembled a terriifc mixed case of wines, and for everyone bought, they’ll donate £25 to Wine Relief
- For those in Scotland looking to get in on the Wine Relief act, here‘s a piece by Rose Murray Brown giving details of a special Comic Relief Wine Fair in Edinburgh on March 16th. For tickets, click here.
- Fine wine merchant Farr Vintners will be donating £20 from every case of wine it sells in March to Wine Relief.
- Down in the South West, Chris Piper is doing his bit – here’s his shop window, and here‘s a link to his offers on the website
- Not so far away from Chris, Red & White is holding a Wine Quiz, Tasting and Auction hosted by Liam Steevenson MW on March 17th at the shop in Kingsbridge, priced £10 per person. More details here.
- On-line auctioneers Bid For Wine is selling a variety of wines, many provided by members of the Association of Wine Educators – click here for the full array, auction ends March 18th.
- Enter the Sud de France prize draw, and have the chance of winning one of five cases of southern French wines – details on this page
- Isle of Wight-based Wines of Uruguay has put together a couple of mixed cases, a six-bottle one for £50 and a 12-bottle one for £140 – 10% of the price of each is going to Wine Relief. In addition, they have two special events going on over the next couple of weekends. On Saturday 12th March from 12am to 4pm, they’re joining forces with the Garlic Farm at the Garlic Farm shop for a wine tasting and nibbles. Minimum donation £2 going to Wine Relief + 10% of wine sales on the day will go to Wine Relief. Then from March 18-20, they’re setting up a pop-up shop at 114 High Street, Ryde, open from 9am-5pm with a similar idea of a donation for entry and 10% of sales going to Wine Relief.
- Wine Rack has 10 wines in its Wine Relief offer – buy any of the following wines and 10% of the cost goes to Comic Relief:-
Chat-en-Oeuf White (£6.49)
Longuedog Red (£6.49)
Domaine Sol Peyre (£8.99)
Raimat Abadia Rosé (£6.99)
Guado al Tasso Il Bruciato (£18.99)
Billi Billi Pinot Grigio (£4.99)
Septima Sauvignon Blanc (£6.99)
Gracia Merlot (£5.99)
Hole in the Water Sauvignon Blanc (£6.99)
Vergelegen Cabernet/Merlot (£8.49)